24 July 2012

Laura Bday Dinner 2010

I wish I had better photos and better notes on the courses, but I was more preoccupied with enjoying myself.  I am so lucky to have Jeremy!

Low Japanese-inspired table setting
 Amuse bouche: Grand Marnier-soaked grapefruit suprême
 Lobster Bisque: Lobster Stock, Cream, Rice Flour, Butter, Scallion
Braised Tempeh, Vinegar-Seasoned Rice, Ratatouille;
Garnish: Fried Onion, Cognac Herb Vinaigrette
Intermezzo: Lime, Simple Syrup, Grand Marnier, Jose Cuervo Gold, Home-Canned Cherries
Cheese Course: Laura's Favorites Sampler
  • Chili Cheese Fries (with Brie, Adzuki Tomato Chili)
  • Pickled Pepper Wings (with Blue Cheese Dressing)
  • Jalapeno Poppers (with Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese and Homemade Ranch)

 S'mores cake (layers of Homemade GF Graham Cracker, White chocolate mousse, chocolate French buttercream, Marshmallow fluff, chocolate caramel sauce)
 And for mignardises: homemade marzipan-covered cherries dipped in chocolate
We also had pear eau de vie, but I cannot remember the wines!  I think there was a southern French sparkler, a Loire chenin blanc, and possibly a Nebbiolo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails